Best New-Vehicle Warranties in 2019
Once again this year, CAA-Quebec has analyzed the various warranties offered by automakers and posted the results on its website, highlighting those with the best coverage across the industry.
It’s all there: limited vehicle warranty, powertrain warranty, emission control warranty, corrosion warranty, seat belt and airbag warranty, electric or hybrid system warranty, etc.
- Also: Toyota, Lexus Offer Unprecedented Hybrid Battery Warranty
- Also: Toyota Extends Paint Warranty up to 14 Years to Fix Peeling Issue
The available coverage can vary significantly from one vehicle to another, CAA-Quebec points out. For instance, some manufacturers offer coverage of up to 10 years on the powertrain, whereas others offer a full five-year warranty. No matter the brand or vehicle, keep in mind that certain restrictions may apply.
Interestingly, a number of manufacturers—including most European compagnies along with Nissan and FCA—cover the battery in their plug-in hybrid and electric cars for a longer period (typically 8 years/160,000 km) than other components of the electrified powertrain.
Best new-vehicle warranties in 2019
- Entire vehicle: Genesis, Hyundai and Kia (5 years/100,000 km), Mazda (3 years/unlim.), Mitsubishi (10 years/160,000 km during promotion)
- Powertrain: Mazda (5 years/unlim.), Mitsubishi (10 years/160,000 km), Tesla (8 years/192,000 km for long-range vehicles)
- Hybrid or electric drive system: Mitsubishi (10 years/160,000 km), Tesla (8 years/192,000 km for long-range vehicles)
- Audio, DVD and navigation: Mazda (3 years/unlim.)
- Emission control system: Variable
- Corrosion (perforation): Audi, BMW, MINI, Porsche and Volvo (12 years/unlim.)
- Seat belts: INFINITI and Nissan (10 years/unlim.), Mazda (5 years/unlim.)
- Airbags: Lexus (6 years/110,000 km), Mazda (5 years/unlim.)
- Roadside assistance: Mitsubishi (10 years/160,000 km during promotion), Buick, Cadillac and Lincoln (6 years/110,000 km), Genesis, Hyundai and Kia (5 years/unlim.)
Check out the full study on the CAA-Quebec website.