The Chevrolet Volt is still the bestselling plug-in hybrid in North America. Even with new competition on the scene, its 85-kilometre range remains one of the best on the market, and its 1.5-litre gasoline engine, acting as an on-board generator, consumes an average of 6 litres per 100 kilometres. With the new 7.2-kW charger available as an option, you can fully recharge the Volt in 2.3 hours.
- Impressive energy efficiency
- Good handling
- Encourages green driving techniques
- Price climbs fast when you add options
- Less spacious than the Clarity
- Tires don’t offer good grip