With a new generation on the horizon, the Forester is virtually unchanged for 2023, getting only minor equipment revisions. The lineup is highlighted by the more rugged and more capable Forester Wilderness, but all models use the same naturally aspirated 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine that puts out 182 horsepower and 176 lb-ft. of torque. Safety and versatility remain two of the Forester’s main draws, hence its popularity among Canadian families.
- Outstanding visibility and versatility
- Above-average comfort and safety
- Very competent Wilderness version
- Engine with limited performance
- No hybrid yet
- New generation to come for 2024