The all-new Taos is a small SUV that slots below the Tiguan and essentially replaces the standard Golf for Volkswagen fans in search of a five-door model at a low price. It’s actually larger and more spacious than most competitors. For example, cargo capacity with the rear seats up is 705-790 litres depending on the configuration. The Taos uses a new turbocharged 1.5-litre engine that produces 158 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque.
- Generous dimensions for a subcompact SUV
- Spacious interior and trunk
- Engine with lots of torque
- Only one choice of engine
- More expensive than most rivals