Now in its fifth generation and always engaged in a war with the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, the Audi A4 compact luxury sedan can be yours for a little over $43,000. In 45 TFSI trim, the turbocharged 2.0-litre engine generates 261 horsepower through a seven-speed automatic transmission. Audi’s quattro all-wheel drive system is standard. A more versatile A4 Allroad wagon and sportier S4 sedan are also available.
- Fun to drive
- Powerful 2-liter engine (45 TFSI)
- Good infotainment system
- Interesting Sportback and Allroad versions
- Can easily become expensive
- Not much room in the back
- No RS 4 version in Canada