Built on the TNGA-K platform, the next-generation Sienna minivan is exclusively available in hybrid configuration. That’s right, you can no longer have it with a V6. Instead, a four-cylinder engine combines with one or two electric motors (on AWD models) to deliver 243 horsepower. There’s seating for up to eight, while towing capacity remains at 3,500 pounds. Furthermore, the Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 suite of driver assistance features – including automatic emergency braking – comes standard.
- Efficient hybrid powertrain
- Possible combination between all-wheel drive and hybrid
- Excellent reliability expected
- No simple gasoline engine
- Not very intuitive infotainment system